Wednesday, June 25, 2014

A "sound" and everything starts all over again..

If you're a runner for some time, it's not that hard to tell, if the injury just knocked you down to the ground, is serious enough to make you tie in a bed for the following days -or maybe weeks-, or if it's something that would disappear in few minutes, after you get over with the shock of the moment.

Yesterday, in training, after I fell down, with a cracking sound from my ankle, I knew that it wasn't that kind of a pain, that would go away in minutes, since for the first time I wasn't able to explain what to do to my teammate, because of the tears that were running from my eyes to ears. Even now, I'm not exactly sure if I was crying out of pain or anger of such a stupid ignorance.

I was injured for over a month, from the same ankle, and poetically, with almost the same angle. And I knew that, running without a ankle bracelet is a risk that's not worth taking. But like every small silly girl, I did it anyway. Actually it was not just a one time thing, but I was running out of a bracelet for 1.5 weeks 'till then. I was a little cautious in a way, at least I was watching my steps, 'till I felt like I was ready to run without looking at the ground again, that's yesterday.

For the first time in months, I was trying to deal another performance related problem, other than my ankle. My ankle should have felt a bit jealous, because just at the point of the course, where I was feeling like the training is over, it was really over, for good. After that point, It was something like a off-road biathlon, including a 8.5 km trail run and a 2.5 km downhill mountain biking, with a single leg.

Under normal circumstances, I'm kind of a athlete that would appreciate a little more rest, but definitely it's the worst possible time for this kind of a rest. But a visit to the physician this morning, revealed the hard fact, no one is asking me. It's not a volunteered rest, but an obligatory one, once again. And this time, I'm under strong surveillance, since it's the second time in 2.5 months.

For now, and probably for the coming 2 weeks, I will be hoping to get better until O-Ringen, so that I can maybe jog or even walk along the courses, instead of just standing at the finish line and cheering for my teammates; and dreaming about the idea of having a proper training, without the idea of injury in my head; while my ankle wonders over a pillow.

So it's almost the same story I had 2.5 months ago, with just a small difference, this time I'm really tight on time.

No comments:

Post a Comment